Saturday, November 20, 2010

Busy!

This has been a busy day! I'll go backwards . . . dinner with T and J at Otani's - love that sushi, and the company was delightful! This afternoon we went to an Eagle Court of Honor for one of the young men in Simon's troop. Very nice ceremony and reception.

This morning we went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt 1. Here are my first impressions (without giving any spoilers, I think):
  • It's a very dark movie, but no darker than the book, for sure. I mean, when you're battling the ultimate evil, it's bound to get a little dark.
  • I don't like the new actor playing Fenrir Greyback as much as the former actor. He wasn't menacing enough.
  • I loved the animation in the middle - lovely stuff. It looked Tim Burton-esque.
  • The time we were in the movie seemed to fly by.
  • There were some plot alterations, which are understandable, I guess, but it still kind of bugs me a little here and there.
  • Some of the scene cuts and editing seemed a little clunky and choppy. I'm curious to hear if people who aren't as familiar with the books have trouble following the story.
  • Xeno Lovegood wasn't weird enough.
  • I liked the Lovegood residence, but I am disappointed we didn't get to see Luna's bedroom.

I am, and always will be, a complete HP geek. I enjoy the movies a lot, but the books are still where it's at.

No comments: