What I did today:
- Chatted with a dear friend on FB early in the morning.
- Sang too loud and long in church - twice.
- Hung out with a family at their home, walked through their garden, clucked at their chickens, buttered bread for a little boy, shared heart-truths with a friend.
- Took a long nap with my cat.
- Talked on the phone with my mom.
- Watched several episodes of a good tv show and missed the kind, sweet, generous man who recorded them for me, but I talked to him on the phone today, too.
- Played my uke.
In short, I'm back to living life. Sure, I got a little teary during a few episodes of Growing Up Fisher, and I miss my friends back in Ohio. I miss my Sunday afternoons of knitting and sharing with Laura, Don, Josh and whoever else showed up. I miss the ease of never having to look at a map to find my way around town. I miss not having to explain the backstory of my life every time I share anything. I miss knowing other backstories, too. Heck, I miss being certain I know the person's name who is talking to me. I often have to ask!
But I don't miss the worry. My house is sold, my job is secure, my boss likes me, I'm working hard and I'm passionate about my job again, I'm involved in a good church where I and those around me are valued and loved and I feel like I'm really starting to make a place for myself here.
Oh, and yea, I kinda like all the sunshine. I mean - it's always sunny! Except at night. California is dark at night. You know, like normal.
I'm still The New Kid, but I seem to have found people who "get" me. What a blessing.