Monday, January 30, 2006

The First Pair of Socks!



Ha! I finished these socks - my first knitting project in about 10 years, and maybe my 4th project in my life! They are red "Wool-Ease" with nubs of other colors (blue, yellow), and, of course, gray heels and toes. To be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to get any pictures of just the socks (sans hubby's feet) because once he'd put them on he was very reluctant to remove them. He loves them! I was trying to make them for me, but they are too long in the foot for me. I'm going to make some notes: instep should only be about 5 1/2 inches for my foot, 6 1/2 inches for hubby's foot . . . probably 5 inches for my son's foot, but he's growing so quickly that 5 1/2 would probably work just as well.

I know they don't really look like the same size, but in general they are. You can tell the first sock by the ruffly cuff top (trying to figure it out). Also I did the cuffs a little short . . . but they work for my first pair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe - how fab are they!

Anonymous said...

amazing!

Anonymous said...

WTG!..... I didn't know you were a knitter. I'm working on a pair of socks myself! I love them, hand knitted socks. I'll take pictures of them when they are done. Awesome! Here's my blog address. I just started it. Kinda boring at first, but hey. Love ya girl!

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/spinninggeek/