Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Over-Ravel'd

I've finally joined Ravelry. It's a great site! I can't seem to pull myself away from it, though!

I found out, for instance, that the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklinburg Cty have craft programs! Look!

My name at is Caterwaul1 - add me as a friend!
I also have been knitting, believe it or not. I've been making good progress on DH's sweater, but pics won't show much - more when I get the sleeves going or something.
I realized I'd never posted finished pics of Simon's socks. The yarn is called Evolution and supposed to be washable, etc., but someone told me that theirs is pilling and shedding, so I've been hand-washing these. I'm sure he'll grow out of them in the next year, but for now they're perfect. He loves them, too! See the double helix cable? Big thanks to Don for gifting me the extra yarn I needed for them. Very generous friend, eh?
I'm also still working on a scarf thing for my friend who is soon to retire . . . but I've switched to a new ball of the yarn and am doing an actual pattern, Ice Queen with beads and everything!

Also of note was a visit here from my friend, Laura and her family. We went to the Franklin Park Conservatory for the trains and orchids. It was fun!

No comments: