Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmases Galore!

I have finally uploaded pictures! Come to find out, I had 262 pictures on my camera that hadn't been loaded onto the computer yet. Yikes! I think I'll start with the most recent events and work my way backwards.

We had 3 Christmases this year. This is not unusual for us, since we end up traveling to my in-law's and then my family's, and we all love having multiple celebrations! First Christmas this year was with my in-laws. We had a great time, and got lots of loot. I took other pics, but I can't share them here because were in our jammies and my MIL and FIL would disown me if I published them. :-)

Christmas 2.0 was with the folks from the L. This is my new staff, and I made everyone hats. The best part of the night was having fun with them, playing games and eating great food.





I do have to admit to joy, though, that they all seem to like their hats (or most of them, anyway), and most of them are actually wearing them in the snow!



Our real Second Christmas was with my family over the New Year's weekend. We got to meet the new puppy that my Brother and SIL got (his name is Jasper).

I made him a little sweater, too, but I'm sure he's torn it up with wiggling by now! I'm going to have to find more stable patterns! He's a little ball of energy!



We had a great time with the family there making puzzles and playing games (and we got another load of loot, which was easier to transport because we also bought a van whilst we were up there).

3 comments:

knittingbrow said...

It sure looks like the hats for the L staff were enjoyed.

You knit a dog sweater. (**grin**) I've not done that yet but have altered some wool sweaters for Hugo.

Cat Herself said...

That dog sweater only took about 2-3 hours to knit, cast-on to cast-off, including making up the pattern along the way and making alterations so it would be more likely to stay on his oh-so-wiggly-body. He is a cute little pup, though! Hugo could eat him in one bite!

read2akid said...

Cute hats!! Such lucky staff to have a manager who takes the considerable time to make something for them. And Jasper is a Q-T-Pie!! Glad you had such an enjoyable Christmas!