|Troy at Canfield Fair|
- I joined an online dating site on the day that would have been my 20th wedding anniversary (I said 19th but then came back and editted it to make it correct - oops). I found it to be appropriate, somehow.
- I dated a few different guys that were OK but not very interesting. Only one guy got more than one date, and they were both boring.
- I first met Troy face to face on Good Friday, March 29, 2013. We'd been messaging and then emailing back and forth for a few days and we'd talked on the phone a few times, too. We went to dinner and karaoke at Shamrocks Pub and Grub. He liked my singing (among other things), I liked his wit (among other things).
- I resigned from the library on May 15, 2013. It was not a happy occassion. One of the worst days of my life in some ways, but in other ways it was a ticket to freedom.
- I'm very glad I no longer work for that library system, for multiple reasons.
- My son is very, very far away at college now. I took him out, with my mom, to Kansas City Art Institute and it was hard to leave him there but I know it's a wonderful time of life for him and I'm immensely proud of him for being so brave and talented.
- I've been learning that when I get really blue I need to talk to other people and care more about them than I do myself. Works every time to keep me from going crazy.
- I am learning to care less than before about what people think about me and my decisions.
- People are not looking at my house even though it's been on the market for 2 months. Please, please let me sell this house before January!
- I am so very lucky to have my parents, my wonderful, loving, generous parents who support, encourage and reach out to me when I feel like the whole world is caving in.
- I am very lucky that Troy found me. He's a really fun, kind, talented, smart man and it's so much FUN to hang out with him!
- I'm starting to enjoy living alone. I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
- I know that God is with me in this world, I don't understand his plans for me and I don't understand the world, but I know this to be true, that He loves me and that I was created to love.
Si and Mom with loaded car
Si at entrance sign to KCAI