- Always be friendly and kind to people (even the icky boys at school).
- Always wear clean underwear.
- Don't chew with your mouth open. (some of these are, of course, from Mom and Dad)
- It is possible to go to school, work full time and have 3 kids (but who the heck would want to do that?)
- Volunteer when you can (but hide sometimes so you don't have to risk not saying "no" when you're asked)
- Don't be afraid to say what you think.
- Send thank-you notes (I didn't learn this one so well, sorry)
- Sometimes staying up late to talk around the kitchen table really will solve all your problems.
- Appreciate nature all around you, and take pictures!
- It's always a good time to try a new craft!
- If you wrap your own presents early enough in December, you'll be surprised on Christmas morning, even if you bought them for yourself. :)
- Maintain a good sense of humor - you'll stay married longer. (Love you, Dad!)
- Be generous with your stuff (including money).
- Never stop playing, even if you lose all the time.
- Dinner doesn't have to be fancy food to serve it on the fancy china.
- Use the good silver/china/tablecloths - it's worth it now.
- Being smart is cool, and sexy.
I'm also very blessed to have 2 great in-laws! Again, sorry that they're 3 hours away (in the opposite direction from my parents), but it's still great to have them around.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom and Jennie!