- Tom Felton, a.k.a. Draco Malfoy did a very good job displaying complex emotions, foreshadowing the final movies.
- Even more kudos for Alan Rickman - absolute genius as Snape!
- Loved the special effects, particularly how the Death Eaters are shown flying about - very cool.
- Would have liked to seen more from the end of the book, particularly the big fight scene, but I understand the time restraints.
- Also would have liked to see the bits between the Prime Minister and the Minister of Magic. Those were such good bits in the book!
- Helena Bonham Carter is brilliant.
- Mike loves Evanna Lynch and her portrayal of Luna Lovegood, and I think she's adequate, but I still think she plays it a little too "solid" for me. Love the glasses, though!
- Dublin Village theater is nowhere near as nice as other theaters in town, and the seats were VERY uncomfortable.
- I know it's horribly expensive and frivolous, but I want to see this movie again in IMAX.
- I always find it interesting to see how they smoosh the book into a movie. Bits missing, some bits put in to explain otherwise gaping holes in the plot . . . I think this one is cohesive, but I'd love to hear from someone who hasn't read the book several times.
Friday, July 17, 2009
We got to see the movie today! Yay us! My list (trying not to share any spoilers):