A simple, two-step approach for generating your own, fully personalized, 21st century, Web 2.0-based reading list:
- Make a list of the top three books that have influenced your life, and make a note of the authors’ names
- Visit Literature-Map, plug each author name into the text box (one at a time, naturally) and generate a cloud of related authors. That ought to keep you busy for a while!
Thanks for playing. Have a nice day.
My list of 3 life-changing books (I won't include the Bible, although that continues to influence my life):
1. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. (map) (Oh, you like Sendak? Have you read Sylvia Plath yet? LOL)
2. Charlie Parker Played Be-Bop by Chris Raschka. (map unavailable because the site hasn't heard of him before)
2a. (to replace Charlie Parker) Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (map)
3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. (map)
I'm a librarian, so, predictably, I can come up with a VERY long list of books that have changed my life. I limited myself, though. :-)