Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baby Heffalump!





I finally have some pics of the baby elephant at the Columbus Zoo that we saw a week ago! Mom and Dad were with us, but then they went South to visit the Smokey Mountains for a week, and weren't able to send me the pics before today.

He doesn't have a name yet. They've run a contest, and over 9000 entries were submitted! One fact I remember is that he is gaining around 4 pounds a day, and when we saw him he weight 360+ pounds. Amazing!

These lovely pics were taken by my mom, of course. (Happy now, Suzie? I imagine you already saw the pictures at Mom's house, though)


Here is his official video, from the first time he was brought into public view. Isn't he adorable?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute little fellow. I love the babies. Need to get my butt to the zoo in DC this summer.

gwen

Jim Brochowski said...

Oh my gosh! He is so cute.

I don't remember the last time I went to the zoo. Might be time for a return trip.