Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting Out!

I had 2 outings today! My friend Carol M. came and took me to the Knit Wits group at The Merc this morning, and then out to lunch. Fun! It was so nice to see the gals again, laugh, gossip, and buy more yarn!

My friend Cindy got me to go to book group tonight. The book was How Starbucks Saved My Life. I haven't read it, but it does sound good, and I'm going to read it as soon as my reserve comes in at The L.

I watched the movie Big with Si today. I was struck by the great message of customer service I saw in this old movie. What would we be like if we spent most of our creative energy concentrating on reacting to our "product" as our target audience would react. Josh Basking (Tom Hanks) was successful at the toy company because he approached the toys as a 13-y-o boy . . . their target audience. Something to think about!

Ok - also think about how bored I must be to be making great philosophical observations about movies like this! Yikes!

I'm exhausted - it's been a good day, but I'm glad I'm not expected to do anything tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bob Hale said...

Glad you're still recovering.
I've never heard of that book - I do hope the title's ironic. In his book "America Unchained", Dave Gorman is really pleased when someone gives him a bumper sticker that says "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks".
But then the whole book is about not using chain establishments so it's hardly surprising.