So - icing on the cake for my DH? we have no power at our house. Wind messed it up somehow, and there's about 4 houses in our neighborhood w/o power, including ours. Like we needed more stress!?!?!?!? Pray for DH - handling the household/simon/no power/me in hosp. He's taking the next 2 days off work, which is good for him. I'm encouraging him to spend some of this time just taking care of himself . He needs regular alone-time to stay sane.
3 Beautiful Things (and 2 bonus Things):
- A fun, relaxed nurse on duty, willing to laugh with me and bring me graham crackers . . . and who put my cranberry juice in an actual cup with ICE! instead of just bringing me those little cupthings with foil lids that always spill.
- The smiles of my DH and DS as they brought me my laptop so I can use my WIFI here!
- Cable TV in the room that allows me to watch Top Chef and Alton Brown's Good Eats.
- Dr. Cojones (not his real name) working extra time tomorrow to do my surgery as soon as possible.
- Knowing that I have lots of people praying for me/thinking of me/caring.