- friends have been so kind - so encouraging - emails, FB notes, flowers, tweets - thank you all so much
- Hubby and Son are both wonderful, kind, loving, the best, really!
- surgery is done, bone is repaired (screws and a plate)
- pain is under control, as long as I don't move much
- got up already! can hobble across the room, even . .. with the walker
- my surgeon (a.k.a. Dr. Cajones) is fabbo
- the nurses and the assistants are all fantastic - excellent customer service from everyone so far
- my PT was way fun and inspiring and got me up and moving, Bless him
- this wifi at the hosp is amazing - what a blessing to be able to be online!
- good music through blip.fm (Chuck Mangione at the moment)
- sunshine coming in the window - looks beautiful!
- phone calls from Mom, sister, MIL . . . and friends - yay!
- new issue of Interweave Knits came in mail yesterday and DH brought it to me!
- nearly all the ligaments in my knee are torn, and I will need more surgery once the bone is healed - maybe even a knee replacement
- pain still hurts - go figure
- I hate the way the pain meds affect my brain. . . but I guess that's the point of what they're supposed to do, right? Sigh
- our home still has no power - Mike and Si went to a hotel last night, and might need to hotel until Sunday!
Isn't it cool how the good stuff outweighs the bad? God is good.
Black ice, however, is evil. My buddy, JB, declares a word of the day on twitter every day, and today's word is EVIL. This inspired me to write the following poem for Friday, the day before Valentine's Day . . . surely you'll figure out how this all connects (you're a smart bunch).
E is for the exit lines you gave me
V is for the very vicious pain
I is for the injuries to my knee, and
L is for the limping once again