What I did today (not in particular order):
- took several naps
- ate delicious soup brought by my friend, Bu-ying yesterday
- had yummy red grapes - sweet!
- took a sponge bath and washed hair (my husband is a saint)
- watched a few sappy movies
- watched a few silly movies with Simon
- commanded Si through his morning routine so Mike could sleep in, but somehow we managed to make so much noise that Mike woke up anyway - naughty us
- talked on the phone to workers' comp people and several times to Mike who was test-driving a mini van that looks like a good deal
- knit a little
- acted as matress to Luxury Cat (see point #1, because when we nap, we nap together)
- played online Canasta with my seestor
Oh, although I didn't really take any of the pain meds yesterday, I'm back on them today. It is better to be able to relax and heal than to tough it out and be grouchy and miserable. (paraphrasing both Mike and our heart surgeon from a few years ago). No point in being "brave" if it makes everyone around you feel like S%$T.
Be careful on the ice!