Had a bad nurse yesterday - she was awful! - and I think that made my emotional state even worse. Today I have great folks again, and everything looks/feels better. Still in pain, but taking it one hour at a time. Not thinking further into the future than just getting home.
It's the little things that make a huge difference:
- Simon drew me a great forest scene on the whiteboard in my room, which is really sweet.
- a nurse's assistant who is pro-active (do you need more ice in your cup?)
- someone who thinks to pull my hosp gown closed in the back, giving me some sense of dignity and privacy
- a smile from the dr, understanding that the pain sucks
- being able to adjust my bad leg on my own . . . a little
- washing my hands at the sink
- sunshine outside the window
- turning the TV off
- planning what I'll write in my letter to the hosp. about that bad nurse yesterday who rolled her eyes when I said I was in pain
Just about everyone here has been really great. Don't you worry, folks, this will eventually be over.