Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Getting Tagged

I love to get tagged! For those of you who don't know, it's when someone in another blog or social media site connects your name to something they're doing. Sometimes it's just to get your attention so you'll look. Sometimes it's because you're in a picture they've posted. In this case, it was so that my friend Faith could post her list of random facts and then get others to post similar lists about themselves. Facebook has a feature where you can post notes, much like a blog, and tagging is very simple there because it puts a message up on your friend's page to let them know they've been tagged. In a blog like this, you are simply relying on your friend to read the blog and see that they've been mentioned or tagged.

If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged!

This particular game has some rules, which you are to cut and paste into your "note" or blog post:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 30 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 30 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person that tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. Just quit the internal whining and do it. (To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 30 random things, tag 30 people [in the right-hand corner of the app.] Then click publish. If you do not have a Notes tab on your profile, you can create one by clicking on the + tab. It will let you choose Notes and will create a tab for you. It takes one/tenth of a second.


As you can see, it explains how it works for Facebook. :-) Since I'm doing National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) I am going to cross-post (put it in both places).

  1. I am the shortest person in my family now that my son is taller than me.
  2. I am an attention whore.
  3. Sometimes I like to be all alone, though, and quiet, which surprises some people.
  4. We have 2 cats, named Samwise Gamgee and Rosie Cotton.
  5. I like nicknames and often call the cats other names.
  6. I like to call my friends by other names, too . . . usually they're nice names.
  7. I like running gags, particularly if they're silly plays on words.
  8. I am a rabid Harry Potter fan, and I don't care who knows it.
  9. I love it when my husband and son compare me to Molly Weasley.
  10. I got second piercings in each ear about 20 years ago, but the second holes are closing up from lack of use.
  11. I got my first tattoo this past Summer. I don't know if I'll get more or not, but it didn't take very long and I like it very much.
  12. My tattoo is a Dewey Decimal number for a book I have never checked out of the library.
  13. I give candy to kids who find the book for me, so I kind of think of it as educational body art.
  14. I like very dark chocolate.
  15. I used to not care so much about ice cream, but this last year I've become addicted to it. I mean, I've always liked it, but never like this.
  16. I sometimes wish I had moved to NYC after college graduation instead of to Columbus, just to see if I could have made it in performing arts.
  17. I have a not-so-secret wish to be a Muppeteer and/or a voice actress.
  18. I fear I will never be physically capable of being a great puppeteer again because my body seems to be against it.
  19. I have trouble believing that "I am fearfully and wonderfully made".
  20. I love road trips.
  21. I like listening to books on CD because I can do other things at the same time, like drive or knit.
  22. I have trouble listening to my iPod in the gym because I always want to sing along.
  23. I love singing.
  24. I have a very large range (for my voice). When I'm using it properly and regularly my range is about 3 octaves.
  25. I'd love to front for a band someday - a rock or rockabilly band.
  26. I believe that if we could manage to get the entire next generation functionally literate by grade 3 we could change the economy in our country by epic proportions (for the better, of course).
  27. I love people. All kinds. I delight in diversity and find quirks most entertaining of all.
  28. I love knitting (no great surprise) mostly because it keeps my hands busy and helps my brain calm down enough to puzzle out problems . . . and if the knitting pattern is complicated, I can sometimes completely forget about whatever problems are plaguing me, and that relaxes me a lot.
  29. I don't think I will ever be as amazing a woman as my mother is, but she thinks I will be, and that is all that really matters. (My dad is amazing, too!)
  30. I love my husband more today than I have ever loved him before, and it amazes me every day that I can say that.

No comments: