Sunday, November 07, 2010

Household Chores

As many of you know, the last 18 months have been full of ups and downs for me . . . many of which have involved downs through which I could not do much physical work. I guess it shouldn't be surprising, then, to hear me say that it has been a wonderful weekend of doing simple things around the house and with my family. Here is a brief list of things I've done this week and weekend to keep the household running. I share it not because it's spectacular by normal standards, but because for me, coming out of lengthy physical trials, it seems significant (and I took a day off work to sleep in the middle, too, because I was exhausted, so I'm still not all the way there, sigh, but I'm really trying to look on the positive side):
  • took Si shopping for his suit (a 3 hour ordeal during which he kept saying "I don't really care what I wear" but after which he was quite appreciative)
  • went to International Festival with my son and DH
  • took my son to the zoo (last Sunday) and walked myself into the ground
  • did laundry (last load is in the washer!) and even carried some of it up the stairs by myself!
  • made dinner twice (usually Mike cooks . . . see pic)
  • worked long hours for the levy (did I mention it passed? lol)
  • got more of the "old mess" cleaned up in our family room
  • hung the wreath above our mantel that's been sitting on the hearth for nearly a year (see pic)
OK - that's probably enough. Suffice to say I'm happy to be continuing down the road to normalcy.

No comments: