Tuesday, March 01, 2011

30 days of Lists: LIST #1: A FEW THINGS ABOUT ME

If you've read my blog before you've noticed I like lists, so it's no surprise to you that I can't resist doing the 30 Days of Lists journaling challenge! Also, if you know me, you won't be surprised that I'm arriving just a little late to the game. Contrary to my MO, however, I do intend to finish the challenge . . . maybe even on time!

List 1: A Few Things About Me

  • I have been known to start things and not finish them.
  • I overestimate what I can do in an allotted period of time, which often makes me late for the next thing.
  • My son is the best thing that has ever happened to be (after being saved by Christ, that is).
  • My husband is fabulous, too, and not just because he's my son's father, but because he's smart, kind, funny, really good to talk with, comfortable to be with . . . my best friend . .. and he loves me, even though I am far from perfect.
  • I am one of those fortunate people who had a wonderful childhood with loving parents and grandparents, and I am thankful every single day for each of them.
  • I'm also lucky to have a great MIL and FIL - so lucky!
  • I love bright colors - the more the merrier!
  • I like sparkly things!
  • I am an extrovert . . . according to Meyers-Briggs I'm almost off the chart. LOL
  • I love singing.
  • I enjoy making music, but I have trouble practicing instruments.
  • Day-to-day tasks are much harder for me than big exciting projects.
  • I tend to be an optimist.
  • I have many friends, but sometimes find it hard to have really CLOSE friends (maybe this is the distraction issue, too?)
  • I enjoy making lists.
  • Family is more important than just about anything.
  • I completely understand why Dad always used to say "don't get me anything for Christmas, I'm just glad we're all together and healthy." And I feel the same way when it's true.
  • I lose sleep at night over things I have said/done that have hurt other people, even when it was entirely unintentional. I am a worrier.
  • I believe that people are more than the sum of their parts, and that we are all eternal souls.
  • I never thought I would live until I was 50, given my health issues, but now it's close and I'm a little . . . umm . . . amazed, and thankful.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I see a lot of laughter on your list! I think that is the most important thing I discovered over the years! I love being alone - except I need someone to pop in every so often and make me laugh. Good thing I found Andy!

Keep up the lists!