Sunday, March 27, 2011

List #27 LESSONS LEARNED

  • Always have books and music to listen to in the car and change it up as needed on a long car ride.
  • Be sure you own more underwear than your husband and he'll end up doing laundry more often ;-).
  • The house doesn't have to look perfect to be a welcoming, friendly place that people like to visit.
  • A smile and a willing ear for listening are often the best things you can offer a friend (without offering unsolicited advice).
  • People who are vastly different temperaments from me make for great friends, as well as those who are like me.
  • Hard boiling an egg doesn't make it last longer. In fact, it takes oils off the shell and causes the egg to spoil more quickly than a raw egg in the shell.
  • Food poisoning from a bad egg is really, really, really nasty.
  • I don't always need to be the center of attention, but when it happens and I enjoy it, I don't need to feel guilty, either.
  • I am not stupid or slow or lazy. Just because someone has called me those things it doesn't mean that any of it is true. And honestly, even if sometimes it is a little true, none of it makes me a horrible person.
  • God loves me and has a plan for my life, even when I can't see the map.

No comments: