Thursday, March 17, 2011

List #17 WORDS THAT ARE HARD FOR ME TO SPELL

This topic makes me laugh. Sometimes people get funny notions about Librarians, like we should know everything, or like we have read (and can remember) every book in our library . . . and being a good speller is expected of Librarians. I suppose I'm a fairly good speller, but I am by no means excellent! I've known some Librarians who are horrible spellers, and some who've won spelling bees (even adult spelling bees!). We run the gamut (and boy, to my legs get tired!)

Words I find hard to spell include, but are not limited to:
  • definately
  • discombombulate
  • recieve (all those ie/ei words . . . and yes, I know the rhyme already!), also believe, grievance, seive, etc
OK - I know there are more, but I can't think of them. I am, however, pretty darn good with grammar (and Pop-pop likes me, too).

No comments: